- He would want you to know that he is a Christian and he wishes you a Merry Christmas…not a happy holiday.
- He married his college sweetheart and their marriage remains strong and vibrant after 50 years together.
- They raised three children and are generous and empowering parents.
- They dote on their grandchildren.
- He has taken a few beatings and won a few races.
- He has left things better than he found them.
- He constantly worked to do the “right things for the right reasons,” which is much harder than it sounds.
- He is a nice and good man.
Today he has a rich and full life in his wake and sweet years on the horizon.
A few of my Dad’s greatest quotes:
- If you are willing to settle for less, you will get a lot of less.
- You can only coast when you are going downhill.
- The three good Fs
- The three bad Fs
And my favorite
- Play the next point.
Happy Birthday Dad – Watson