Conferences are one of the best opportunities for networking, collaborating, advertising your business or school, and sometimes even exploring some exciting new cities. Here at Sprinkle Caldwell, we attend several conferences throughout the year to facilitate connections between education professionals. Looking back, it’s always amazing to think about where our most valuable relationships got started, and oftentimes it’s at a conference.
Here are five of our favorite conferences that we try to attend every year:
- ERB Annual Conference – The Educational Records Bureau holds their annual conference every October in the U.S. This year will be ERB’s 96th Annual Conference, held in Fort Worth, TX at the Omni. The theme is “Journey to Academic Excellence; Driving Performance”. ERB has close to 3,000 member schools nationwide from Pre-K to Grade 12 in the private and independent education sector.
- TABS Annual Conference – The Association of Boarding Schools has an annual conference every December. This December, TABS will be holding the conference in Boston’s Back Bay at Boston Marriott Copley Place. With just under 300 member schools in the college preparatory boarding school sector, this is a “must attend” conference for anyone who is interested in creating a relationship with U.S. and Canadian boarding schools.
- TABS Global Symposium is held each year in March. Space is extremely limited, so you must act fast to secure a sponsorship opportunity for the Symposium. 98% of the U.S. and Canadian boarding schools now board international students. This lends to the need for a broader vision that includes preparing all students for global citizenship. “The Symposium brings together school leaders, educators, and experts to learn from each other and to explore current practice and promising ways forward.” — www.boardingschools.com
- TABS Asia Fairs are a nine-city tour of Asia, held late October into early November. Some of the cities that have been toured are Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, Seoul, and Tokyo. The Asia Fairs are geared towards Admissions. The families and prospective students meet and may interview with the Admission staff members from several U.S. and Canadian boarding schools.
- TABS Latin America Fairs tour four cities in the spring, generally in April. The conference tour includes Mexico City, Medellin, Bogota, and Sao Paulo. Each city is allotted three sponsorship opportunities. The Latin America Fairs are for Admission and School Personnel. These fairs draw families and prospective students to meet and interview with Admission staff members from many U.S. and Canadian boarding schools. This is a wonderful opportunity for sponsors to reach their global neighbors in the southern hemisphere.
Interested in participating in some of these exciting conferences and fairs? Contact Sprinkle Caldwell today to discuss attendance and sponsorship opportunities. Call 828-479-5344 or email Watson@sprinklecaldwell.com.